The cannabis industry has exploded over the past few years with the legalization of marijuana in 10 different states, and more states are soon to follow. This expansion has caused a wave of cannabis businesses to grow as quickly as their product, with the need for a loyal customer base, store brands, custom marijuana labels, and more. Let’s look at what cannabis packaging and CBD labels require to meet different states’ regulations and catch customers’ attention.
To get your cannabis products on the market, you have to meet all relevant state labeling requirements. These requirements vary from state to state, so it’s best to review the regulations in every state you sell your products in before you finalize your label and packaging designs. For example, cannabis concentrate labeling in Maryland must display all cannabinoid and terpene ingredients and their various concentrations. However, concentrate labeling in Massachusetts must list specific dosage information and warn customers that each package contains multiple doses or servings of concentrate. These differences in labeling requirements occur across the states and the cannabis product categories (edibles, concentrate, vapor, and CBD oil), so be aware of them.
It’s best to include the following product information on your CBD products’ labels and packaging:
- Net weight
- Full list of ingredients
- The CBD manufacturer’s name and address
It’s also a good idea to display your product’s strength along with an FDA disclaimer on your CBD label. This information helps your customers understand how your product works before they consume it.
While you do have to meet state requirements with your product labels, you can also use them to make your brand stand out. Here are five key packaging and labeling styles that help capture your brand messaging:
- Psychedelic: Bright colors and hippie fonts establish your cannabis brand as fun and easygoing. This packaging style works best for products meant for recreational use.
- Vintage: This style connects to the history and nostalgia of cannabis products, but in a broader way than the psychedelic style. It often features cannabis leaves and country-style fonts to present your brand as relaxed and nostalgic.
- Organic: Many consumers prefer all kinds of products with natural ingredients, including cannabis products, to have muted, natural colors on their labels. If you use organic or raw ingredients in your products, this style gives that aspect of your brand a boost.
- Sustainable: Along with organic products, sustainable products have grown popular recently as customers become more aware of environmental issues. Sustainable materials like reusable glass jars promote an environmentally aware cannabis brand.
- Minimalist: Clean lines and simple designs often appeal to younger customers and look good on dispensary shelves. This style sends the message that your brand is elegant and modern.
For all your cannabis label and packaging needs, contact U.S. Tape & Label today.
USTL has formed a dedicated division that focuses solely on creating cannabis labels. As a private label manufacturer, we provide specialized services and solutions for your brand, with a variety of different printing options, materials, and design choices. Branded products require a professional touch to help them stand above the competition, and USTL has all the tools and expertise to get the job done right. Custom stickers set your business apart with their eye-catching designs.
The benefits of product labels cover your entire business, and USTL has everything you need to succeed. We’ve honed our packaging and labeling skills with cannabis products since they were legalized in Canada in 2018, and we’ve recently dedicated further efforts with our Canna Pack division.
We’ve studied the requirements and taken our labels to multiple trade shows to innovate our designs and processes further, so you get the best possible labels. We have a complete understanding of the requirements to get your product into a store and the connections to ensure your needs are met. Our digital printing is a cost-effective solution for companies of any size, giving you an efficient label printing solution. When you need your cannabis labels and packaging to stand out as much as possible, contact U.S. Tape and Label today.
Centrally-located and equipped with the cutting-edge equipment you need to get the best labels and look for your products. Our skilled team of in-house engineers will help you make the perfect label for any product you have.